HR Valentine Stories: Caution is "de Rigueur"
- On the way to visit this company I was thinking: " No, no way I would want to work there...This is too far from the metropolitan area..." Surprise: I loved the place, the job, made lifetime friends...
- About an interviewee, on first impression: "Oh! what should I think?" Punky look, great smile, different industry, yet great background, so smart, flexible, and so likable... It was the best hire ever!
- Holiday Season: People are in gift giving mode at work! Valentine month is in December! A word of wisdom for HR?
- The boss handing out heart-shaped candies: Underappreciated Valentine thoughts by many. Do we need to understand that thoughts count? Appreciation is a daily practice.
- And sharing SHRM's Valentine stories here! From Valentine expressions to job postings...In HR we always have to be cautious...Happy Valentine to all HR people! What are your Valentine stories? Share with those around you....